Thursday, November 26, 2009

First Thanksgiving

My first Thanksgiving with Karrin and Moxxie was beautiful. We woke up unusually early, in time to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I put the turkey in the oven at 10:30, and just kept basting it as necessary. We had dinner around 4 p.m.: Turkey, mashed potatoes, my special turkey gravy, stuffing, buttery brussel sprouts, whole-berry cranberry sauce, and my family's traditional fruit salad. We gave Moxxie his own little plate, and sat him up in a chair. He was perfectly behaved, putting his front paws on the table to take bits of turkey off his own plate; he never made any attempt to climb onto the table or do anything wrong at all. Dinner was wonderful. The turkey turned out just perfect, and everything went well. I'm very happy with our first Thanksgiving together. Now, off to carve the rest of the bird, put leftovers away, and clean up.

No comments: